Transitioning to a net zero emissions economy and designing waste out of the system
Explains the circumstances where agencies must support the procurement of low-waste and low-emissions goods and services and to assist with significant waste reduction (priority outcome 4).
- Agencies should:
- support the procurement of low-emissions and low-waste goods, services and works.
- encourage innovation to significantly reduce emissions and waste impacts from goods and services.
- For designated contracts, agencies must support the procurement of low-waste and low-emissions goods and services and encourage innovation to significantly reduce emissions and waste impacts from goods and services.
- Agencies must have regard to guidance published by MBIE on the procurement of low-waste and low-emissions goods and services.
- Agencies must conduct sufficient monitoring of designated contracts to ensure that commitments made in contracts are delivered and reported on.
Find out what the designated contracts for this Rule are, on the broader outcomes page.
Government fleet emissions dashboard
The average greenhouse gas emissions profile of each agency’s fleet is displayed on the reducing government fleet emissions page. This dashboard is regularly updated to track the emissions reductions of each agency.
The AoG motor vehicle contract has a range of low emission vehicles available to ensure agencies can reduce their average emissions profiles. If you require advice on the best options to reduce your agency’s emission profile, your agency should contact New Zealand Government Procurement before purchasing replacement vehicles.