Guidance on managing national security risks in public procurement has been released.
The guidance comes into effect from 14 August 2023 for any new procurements.
The guidance will provide a consistent All-of-Government approach and help agencies:
- to determine whether a risk exists
- by covering what are national security risks
- by providing a supplier risk matrix
- by including a framework of how to go about considering mitigation in planning, sourcing and managing stages; and
- by suggesting good practice considerations and contract clauses.
Agencies will not need to use this guidance for all their procurements. We have created a flow chart of questions to help you decide.
On 29 August we will host a Knowledge Hour to support agencies, invite questions and facilitate collaboration.