Here is the latest procurement-related information for government agencies.
Please use your RealMe login to access the information.
Government Electronic Tender Service (GETS)
GETS remains operational. If you need support with GETS email the GETS team.
Online Panel Directory (OPD)
OPD is still accessible. However, some people working from home may be experiencing issues accessing OPD from their private internet connections. We have temporarily implemented an alternative process to ensure that those agencies who can’t access OPD the usual way can still access supplier details. If you do require this, you will need to ask your agency’s authorised contact to request these details by emailing NZGPP Systems.
COVID 19: Government contract guidelines to support the construction industry
Government has implemented the first action from the Accord's Construction Sector Response Plan and issued guidance and expectations to agencies on managing contracts during the shutdown.
COVID 19: Government contract guidelines to support industry - Construction Sector Accord
Additional guidance is now available on the complex process of establishing the fair value of contract variations.
The new guidance includes a set of principles for parties to follow when negotiating the cost of the variation, and outlines the factors to take into account. It lists the types of costs contractors can claim and notes that they need to be able to demonstrate they have incurred these costs and have tried to mitigate them where possible. There is also guidance on a fair approach to ‘idle labour’ costs, which has been an emerging contentious issue in the sector.
COVID 19: New guidance on contract variations - Construction Sector Accord
Continue to build your procurement capability
There are some great courses you, and your team, can access on our online learning management system, Hīkina, to continue building your procurement capability.
- Demystifying procurement – for procurement beginners, or practitioners who would like to refresh their knowledge.
- Government Procurement Rules – explore the rules in this interactive briefing video.
- Debriefing suppliers – how to conduct a quality debrief.
- Early market engagement – explore best practice and how to avoid the risks.
- Broader outcomes – introduction to broader outcomes, including courses on:
- Using procurement to ensure Health and Safety outcomes are met
- Ensuring employment standards are met through procurement
- Increasing access for New Zealand business
- Reducing emissions from the government fleet
- Social Services procurement – for understanding cultural competency and procurement practice, with a focus on managing social services contracts.