Here is the latest property-related information for government agencies.
Government Property Group
We support managing and coordinating government office accommodation needs by working collaboratively with agencies.
Our role includes property advice, and setting standards and guidelines for Government Property Group mandated agencies. We work with agencies on office space and public interface property requirements, excluding operational sites.
We are responsible for delivering the Government Office Accommodation Programme, and Government expectations for property by refocusing the way we organise, coordinate and connect government services through smarter property planning.
Through these functions, Government Property Group, at the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, helps deliver the property Functional Leader responsibilities for Government.
What we do
The Government Property Group planning and advisory team collaborates with agencies on:
- property portfolio planning and advisory services
- workplace design and change management advisory services
- developing regional plans and supporting agency’s property planning
- reviewing and approving lease requests in alignment with the Government Office Accommodation Programme
- property brokerage (ie assisting agencies fill surplus space with those that need space)
The Government Property Group project delivery team is focused on:
- planning, managing and delivering co-located property projects within the Government Office Accommodation Programme
- assisting and collaborating with agencies when they are leading property projects.
Our functions include:
- approving government property acquisitions, renewals and disposals (whether leased or owned)
- developing national property strategies, principles, standards, tools and processes
- whole-of-government procurement of property-related goods and services
- maintaining the online integrated workplace management system, Government Property Portal.
News and Updates
COVID-19 property update – for agencies
Bruce Kenning honoured with FMANZ Fellowship
Bruce Kenning awarded ‘Fellowship’ status by the Facilities Management Association of New Zealand (FMANZ)
COVID-19 Government Property workplace guidelines
With recent alert level changes, a reminder that our COVID-19 workplace guidance is available on our website to help manage workplaces during different alert levels.
Government Property Group satisfaction survey
The Government Property Group (GPG) works with government agencies to raise standards, improve capability, champion best practice and innovation, and deliver public value in government property through a collaborative centre-led approach.
MBIE appoints new General Managers to lead Government Procurement and Government Property
We are delighted to announce the appointment of two new General Managers to lead Government Procurement and Government Property.