Launched today, the new Government Property Group (GPG) workplace and classroom furniture contract, previously known as office furniture, goes live on 18 February 2023.
Government Property Group
We support managing and coordinating government office accommodation needs by working collaboratively with agencies.
Our role includes property advice, and setting standards and guidelines for Government Property Group mandated agencies. We work with agencies on office space and public interface property requirements, excluding operational sites.
We are responsible for delivering the Government Office Accommodation Programme, and Government expectations for property by refocusing the way we organise, coordinate and connect government services through smarter property planning.
Through these functions, Government Property Group, at the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, helps deliver the property Functional Leader responsibilities for Government.
What we do
The Government Property Group planning and advisory team collaborates with agencies on:
- property portfolio planning and advisory services
- workplace design and change management advisory services
- developing regional plans and supporting agency’s property planning
- reviewing and approving lease requests in alignment with the Government Office Accommodation Programme
- property brokerage (ie assisting agencies fill surplus space with those that need space)
The Government Property Group project delivery team is focused on:
- planning, managing and delivering co-located property projects within the Government Office Accommodation Programme
- assisting and collaborating with agencies when they are leading property projects.
Our functions include:
- approving government property acquisitions, renewals and disposals (whether leased or owned)
- developing national property strategies, principles, standards, tools and processes
- whole-of-government procurement of property-related goods and services
- maintaining the online integrated workplace management system, Government Property Portal.
News and Updates
Supporting broader outcomes through new workplace and classroom furniture contract
Waikato-Tainui and ACC – uniting to strengthen their community
Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) are working in partnership with Tainui Group Holdings (TGH) and Waikato-Tainui to design their new office space in Kirikiriroa (Hamilton). Together, they’re designing a space that reflects the significance of the site and the community it serves.
He Whenua Taurikura - National hui on countering terrorism and violent extremism
Key groups from across central and local government, civil society, and the private sector came together in November for He Whenua Taurikura, the national hui on countering terrorism and violent extremism.
A new evolution in government accommodation 8 Willis
Statistics New Zealand (Stats NZ) and the Ministry for the Environment’s (MfE) move into 8 Willis Street represents another evolution in shared accommodation for government agencies. This exciting new building subtly reflects the unique nature of each agency’s work while supporting their new partnership.
Te Puna Hāpori – An iwi-led whānau and community wellbeing vision for Whanganui
Local iwi, Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and New Zealand Police along with the Whanganui Mayor have collaborated to develop Te Puna Hāpori, a shared vision of uniting the community to provide better social outcomes.