Much anticipated new guidelines are helping government agencies apply a consistent approach to branding their workplaces, supporting a more streamlined, joined-up, modern public service, organised around the needs of New Zealanders.
Government Property Group
We support managing and coordinating government office accommodation needs by working collaboratively with agencies.
Our role includes property advice, and setting standards and guidelines for Government Property Group mandated agencies. We work with agencies on office space and public interface property requirements, excluding operational sites.
We are responsible for delivering the Government Office Accommodation Programme, and Government expectations for property by refocusing the way we organise, coordinate and connect government services through smarter property planning.
Through these functions, Government Property Group, at the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, helps deliver the property Functional Leader responsibilities for Government.
What we do
The Government Property Group planning and advisory team collaborates with agencies on:
- property portfolio planning and advisory services
- workplace design and change management advisory services
- developing regional plans and supporting agency’s property planning
- reviewing and approving lease requests in alignment with the Government Office Accommodation Programme
- property brokerage (ie assisting agencies fill surplus space with those that need space)
The Government Property Group project delivery team is focused on:
- planning, managing and delivering co-located property projects within the Government Office Accommodation Programme
- assisting and collaborating with agencies when they are leading property projects.
Our functions include:
- approving government property acquisitions, renewals and disposals (whether leased or owned)
- developing national property strategies, principles, standards, tools and processes
- whole-of-government procurement of property-related goods and services
- maintaining the online integrated workplace management system, Government Property Portal.
News and Updates
New branding, wayfinding and signage guidance goes live
MBIE and Government Property Group teams collaborate on Blue Mountains Campus lease
The New Zealand Government Property team has worked closely with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment Hīkina Whakatutuki (MBIE) Property team to agree an initial 12-year lease between MBIE and developers Willis Bond.
COVID-19 property update – for agencies
Here is the latest property-related information for government agencies.
Highlights of the 2021 Government Property Group agency satisfaction survey
A huge thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to our 2021 Government Property Group (GPG) agency satisfaction survey. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Protecting our crowded places from attack – New Zealand’s strategy
New Zealand is not immune to acts of terrorism. The Christchurch terror attack in 2019 and the recent attack in Auckland on 3 September 2021 shows that a consistent approach to protecting our crowded places is needed.