Over the next 12 months there are big changes due in the area of e-Procurement tools, with the first of the changes being made to the Government Electronic Tender Service (GETS).
The update to GETS (for release from 26 September) will incorporate the following changes as requested by agencies.
- Agencies will be able to set a default email address for providers when setting up panels within GETS. This means that the correct supplier contact address is used when sending an invitation to tender to a supplier or a group of suppliers.
- A greater level of supplier information is now visible when selecting suppliers for a panel.
- Invitation information will be displayed alongside of a supplier’s on-file information once an invitation has been used to subscribe to a select tender, providing the agency with better understanding of how suppliers receive the tender information.
Agencies will need to review and update supplier information to ensure the correct email address is set for each supplier.
- The eTenderbox setting has been updated to make it clearer if the GETS tender inbox is to be used.
- Agencies can now select an option to use separate price and non-price tender inboxes
- When downloading tender responses, users can select to download all response documents, or documents only from the price or non-price inboxes.
Quality of life changes
- Preview functionality added to successful and unsuccessful suppliers email on RFx award tab.
- Visible confirmation of emails sent to unsuccessful suppliers (mirroring functionality on successful supplier emails)